A Family Guide to Stress-Free Summer Holidays
Summer’s finally here! Now here’s our guide to ensure your family holiday at Hilton Coylumbridge comes with all the fun and none of the stress.
- Plan your journey – Know your route and where you’ll stop for breaks. Nobody wants an emergency roadside toilet break! Check your car is road-worthy and bring a map in case you lose your GPS signal.
- Entertaining the kids – Sing songs, play games, bring crayons, pads and toys. If they’re old enough, give them a map of your route so they can navigate themselves without asking “Are we there yet?”
- Pack the essentials – Keep everyone happy with food and drinks – preferably the sugar-free variety since the kids will be buzzing enough already. Bring a first aid kit, anti-bacterial wipes and sunscreen!
In the Hotel
- Get a Family Suite – If you haven’t already booked one, be sure to upgrade to one of our Family Suites, which come with a separate room for the kids with its own TV and bunk beds. There’s no better way to keep everyone relaxed and having fun.
- Get free kids’ meals - Kids aged ten and under eat free on the same meal package as you‘re on. Older kids, 11 and over, pay for meals but can still choose from the kids’ menu or our great-value half portions. Now that’s one less thing to worry about.
- Don’t miss the Italian buffet – as much delicious pizza, meatballs and pasta as you can eat at the Inverdruie Restaurant – it’s a proper treat that everyone will enjoy.
- Free kids’ club – let the kids go wild in our nightly kids club (free for guest of the hotel) while you enjoy a relaxing dinner for two or unwind in our LivingWell Health Club.
- Make an itinerary – you don’t need to plan every little detail but it’s good to make a rough plan in advance to avoid any arguments and stop the kids getting bored while you decide.
- Dress appropriately – the weather can change quickly in the Cairngorms. Especially important if you’re planning a trip up the mountains.
- Get local advice – our hotel concierge team are experts in the local area. So don’t be afraid to ask if you need some help planning your trip or booking tours and excursions.
- Hire bikes – bike hire is available from Outdoor Discover in the ground of the hotel. So don’t stress about bringing your own!
Stick to our guide and you can look forward to an unforgettable stay with us – one that everyone will enjoy! Still to book? Check out our Toddler Breaks, which are packed with inclusive fun for the whole family.